We use an appointments system at this practice and would ask you to please inform the receptionist if you need a longer appointment to discuss your health matter. If more than one family member requires attention please ensure that separate consecutive appointments are made. In the event that you are unable to keep your appointment please notify the receptionist at least 1 hour prior to cancellation, fees could apply if no attempt is taken to cancel your appointment. Please see our lovely Reception staff upon arrive at the surgery for your appointment so they can check you in.
Home visits are available at the discretion of your treating doctor. Emergency cases will be seen as a priority.
- – No payment is required if the appointment if you hold a valid Australian medicare card.
- – All other accounts are expected to be paid at the completion of your consultation. We accept cash, eftpos and most credit cards and EFT.
- – If there are special circumstances or personal hardships please discuss these with your doctor at the time of consultation.
- – A standard consultation at this practice costs $40.00 but overdue accounts may attract an extra collection fee of $5.00.
- – The staff at reception will be able to advise you of the current Medicare rebate for a standard consultation
The receptionist will be able to assist you in most cases, however if you wish to speak to your doctor, he/she may have to return your call when consultations have ended, if it is a complex or urgent matter we encourage patients to book and appointment.
Patients must make an appointment for repeat prescriptions. They will not be issued without being seen by the GP.
REFERRALS TO SPECIALISTS
If the doctor considers that a medical need exists for specialist treatment a referral will be provided during the consultation. It is therefore important to make an appointment with the doctor who will discuss your problem with you and help you to decide on the appropriate course of action.
For patients who require regular check ups, immunisations and or a screening, we offer a recall service. This is done automatically by our staff unless we are advised that you would prefer not to be notified.
In order to obtain a medical certificate for work, a consultation with your GP is required. Medical certificates will only be issued once the patient has been seen by the GP. Medical certificates cannot be backdated as a general rule as Medical certificates are legal documents.
Patients are required to make a follow up appointment to discuss any abnormal results. Results are not given over the phone, only during consultation with a GP or the Nurse at the GP’s discretion.